Gajar Halwa is a popular winter dessert in Pakistan. If you visit Pakistan you will find this exquisite dessert being served everywhere in big dishes decorated with nuts and Mawa (Khoa). Elders and children equally enjoy eating it after lunch or dinner.
Carrots 1 Kg
Oil or ghee 2 tbsp.
Sugar 3 tbsp.
Khoa ¾ Kg
- Peel the carrots and grate them with a grater.
- Place the grated carrots in a deep pot and spread sugar over them.
- Stir the mix with a spatula.
- At this point the carrots should release water into the pot; keep stirring and cooking.
- The object of this part of the recipe is to dry out the carrots so keep cooking till the carrots stop releasing water and become dry.
- Pour in ½ Kg. of the Khoa in the pot and keep stirring until it too becomes dry.
- In a different pan, put in the oil or ghee and fry the cardamom on low flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the ghee on the carrots and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Decorate with the remaining khoa and serve hot.
Enjoy and let us know how you liked it!