Do you want clear skin?
Personally, breakouts are my worst enemy. There is nothing more frustrating than waking up on the day of a huge event and finding that one annoying zit that has popped up on your chin. Ugh. Well, don’t worry because I got you covered; use this face wash regularly and you will have smooth, clear and glowing skin all year round.
This Face wash has two fantastic, super healthy natural ingredients:
- Gram Flour (Besan)
- Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
These two ingredients combine to form a face wash that keeps your skin in tip top shape, they are inexpensive and easy to find.
Why Gram Flour?
Gram flour or chickpea flour is the base of the face wash and the main ingredient, advantages of its use include: [i]
- It contains zinc which can fight infections that cause acne.
- The fiber stabilizes blood sugar levels in the face, which can cause hormonal imbalances (one of the major causes of breakouts).
- Gram flour absorbs excess oil on skin and reduces chances of breakouts.
- It is a very mild exfoliator and helps in keeping your skin healthy from day to day.
People use gram four as base for tons of skin treatments and it has been a traditional face treatment for hundreds of years.[ii]
The Indian actress Hema Malini used to wash her face only with gram flour.
Why Turmeric Powder?
The Turmeric is also an essential part of the face wash, as it contains the following benefits:
- Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components, which reduce pimples and
- bring a glow to your skin.
- The curcumin found in turmeric can help wounds heal by decreasing inflammation and oxidation, this property helps with any acne already on your face.
- The antibacterial properties reduce chances of breakout and soothe any that have already occurred.
- Turmeric can prevent the formation of wrinkles and melanin.[iii]
- The healing properties help reduce acne scarring.
How to Make?
What I typically do is just mix the two ingredients and keep them in jar for daily use.
1 Cup Gram Flour
1 tsp. Turmeric Powder
*This amount will last you a month. The face wash if kept dry can keep for up to six months.
How to Use?
Not really that complicated just take a small amount of the mixture and dampen with water to form a paste, wash your face with it like a regular face wash.
[i] Image taken from Wikipedia
[ii] Image of Hema Malini from Wikimedia Commons